With a myriad of companies offering roadside assistance plans, how do you go about obtaining the best plan for your company’s needs?
You’re probably already familiar with the extensive benefits a roadside assistance plan can offer. From saving you hundreds of dollars in towing fees and minor repair costs to potentially saving your company thousands of dollars in lost business, should a disabled vehicle leave your employee stranded and unable to make his delivery or schedule appointment, a roadside assistance plan is a very valuable resource.
When a company vehicle, whether it be a commercial, fleet, construction, or rental vehicle is an important tool in conducting your business, you don’t want to choose the wrong roadside assistance company that could leave you without it for hours, or even days. Finding yourself broken down on the side of the road is a helpless feeling, and you don’t want to your employees to be in this scary situation either.
The right company can make a difference in turning a bad situation to at least a tolerable experience.
- Finding and securing the best commercial roadside assistance company who meets your needs before trouble strikes, is imperative.
- Ask about the company’s response time, and do some research to determine if this information is in line with their past and present customers’ experiences. Check references and read user reviews to see what other members have to say.
- If you have a lot of company vehicles you’ll need covered, find a provider who will offer discounts based on the number of vehicles.
- Instead of just picking one and hoping for the best, pick out a few different programs and compare them. Be sure to compare apples to apples by comparing quality, benefits and cost of the service.
- If you or your employees do a lot of traveling, ask about long-distance towing, traveling services, maps and routing and travel discounts.
- Call the toll free number the company provides for roadside assistance. How long does it take before you reach a live person?
- After narrowing down your options, talk to company representatives. Knowledgeable and friendly representatives are usually a sign of a good company. A helpful staff that doesn’t hesitate to answer any questions that you have will give you a good idea as to the type of environment and quality of service they offer.
Signing up for a commercial roadside assistance company doesn’t have to be painful: learn about your options and get the best service for your company vehicles.